Thanks, a lot!  So for RAID 10, is the thought that the node can survive a single disk failure and keep going until a normal maintain cycle?  Also are you saying that you would configure a single RAID 10 for the whole box?  OS included?  I have 8 x 500 Gig drives, so that would leave me with 2T per box, which I think is fine.  But I do have one question, in this configuration would commit log writing and data directory compaction interfere with one another?  Just based on what I read, it seems as though you want at least disks/partitions, one for commit log and one for data.  Thanks again for the feedback!

Aaron