From Lee Parker <...@socialagency.com>
Subject replication and memtable flush
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 21:29:32 GMT
i have a cluster which contains two CFs.  One is a bunch of rows with 10-15
columns per row.  the other is an index of those items with only a few rows,
but thousands of columns per row.  i am noticing that the replication of
data between the nodes in the cluster is causing a lot of memtable flushing
for the index CF.  is this normal?  my memtable thresholds are 128M or 1.5m
objects.  Some of the rows in the index CF have 500k+ columns.  Also, this
doesn't seem to happen in my dev environment which has a single cassandra
node.  It also slows down the rate of flush/compact cycles when there is
only one node up in the prod cluster.

Lee Parker