From gabriele renzi <rff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: timeout while running simple hadoop job
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 13:40:05 GMT
On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Matt Revelle <mrevelle@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's also the mapred.task.timeout property that can be tweaked.  But reporting is
the correct way to fix timeouts during execution.

re: not reporting, I thought this was not needed with the new  mapred
api (Mapper class vs Mapper interface), plus I can see that the
mappers do work, report percentage and happily terminate (I believe
Mapper.Context.write does a call to progress() behind the scenes).

I will check if it makes any difference though.