From William Ashley <wash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Modeling Conundrum
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 22:54:31 GMT
That is a good question, because realistically I see N being under 10, and there are no current
plans to make use of a large historical record. I could have the update process pull all columns
and issue deletes as necessary such that only M (M >= N) are kept.

Thanks for the inspiration.

On May 8, 2010, at 3:42 PM, Ed Anuff wrote:

> Sorry, missed that.  I'm not sure if there's a cleaner way than using the approaches
you've looked at, hopefully someone else has an answer.  How big is N and do you need to keep
more than N around?

> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 10:26 AM, William Ashley <washley@gmail.com> wrote:
> This would be a solution if I wanted to get the N most recently CREATED guids, but I'm
interested in the most recently SEEN guids.