From Stephan Pfammatter <Stephan.Pfammat...@logmein.com>
Subject RE: Extremly slow inserts on LAN
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 18:34:40 GMT
Hi, I read your post and noticed you are running Cassandra on win 2008.
Do you run it in a production environment?

I'm contacting you because there aren't that many windows installations. I need to provide
a live Cassandra environment on win 2008 and was stumbling into some problems with node tool
and storage.xml setup.

Best, Stephan

From: Arie Keren [mailto:arie@doubleverify.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 10:07 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Extremly slow inserts on LAN

While making our first steps with Cassandra, we experience slow inserts working on LAN.
Inserting 7000 keys with 1 column family takes about 10 seconds when Cassandra server running
on the same host with the client.
But when server runs on a different host on LAN, the same inserts take more than 10 (!) minutes.
In both cases Cassandra server contains a single node.

We use Cassandra version 0.6.0 running on Windows server 2008.
The client is .NET c# application.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4628
(20091122) __________

http://www.eset.com