From Jared Laprise <ja...@webonyx.com>
Subject Strange behavior with large column values
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 06:50:02 GMT
Hello all, I'm really stumped on this issue.

I'm using the PHP Thrift client along with Pandra.

I have a ColumnFamily `Groups` and once I set the `description` column value to larger than
a couple hundred characters my response time goes from 0.0057 to almost 1 second. Anyone experienced
something similar? Any ideas on what would cause this?

Also, the response time doesn't seem to get slower if I add several paragraphs vs. one paragraph.
There is a major (~800ms) difference between:

'a really short description'

and

'a really short description a really short description a really short description a really
short description a really short description a really short description a really short description
a really short description a really short description a really short description a really
short description a really short description a really short description a really short descriptiona
really short description a really short description a really short description a really short
description a really short description a really short description a really short description
a really short description a really short description a really short description a really
short description'... or larger.

Jared Laprise
webOnyx LLC
e: jared@webonyx.com<mailto:jared@webonyx.com>