From Sagar Agrawal <sna...@gmail.com>
Subject searching keys of the form substring*
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 10:14:38 GMT
Hi folks,

I want to  fetch all those records from my column family such that the key
starts with a specified string...

e.g.  Suppose I have a CF keyed on full names(first name + last name) of
persons...
now I want to fetch all those records whose first name is 'John'

Right now, I am using OPP and KeyRange in the following way:

 KeyRange keyRange = new KeyRange();
            keyRange.setStart_key("John");
            keyRange.setEnd_key("Joho");

but this is sort of hard coding.... can anyone suggest a better way to
achieve this?

I would be really grateful... thank you.