From David Boxenhorn <da...@lookin2.com>
Subject Re: Tuning Cassandra
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 07:59:50 GMT
I'm running Java on the client, jdbc queries on Oracle, Hector on Cassandra.

The Cassandra and Oracle database designs are radically different, as you
might guess.

I have no doubt that Cassandra can be tuned, in a multiple-server cluster,
to have superior throughput (that's why I'm doing it!). But for now, it's
really frustrating my development effort that Cassandra is so slow. Can't I
get it up to twice as slow as Oracle in my configuration?