From gabriele renzi <rff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using more than 50% of disk space
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 07:00:59 GMT
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Sean Bridges <sean.bridges@gmail.com> wrote:
> So after CASSANDRA-579, anti compaction won't be done on the source node,
> and we can use more than 50% of the disk space if we use multiple column
> families?

Sorry if I misunderstand, but #579 seems to only solve half of your question,
I believe the first part of your email stays valid (as in: in-node
compaction causes disk usage to double anyway in worst case).

CASSANDRA-1041 may also be relevant (also includes mini-discussion on
local data partitioning).