From Ran Tavory <ran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to drop a column family (Cassandra 6.1)
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 09:37:47 GMT
1. nodetool flush
2. stop server
3. delete all files (data, index, filter)
4. start server

note that this will delete the data, not the CF definition (not like "drop
table" in sql-ish).

system_drop_column_family will drop the CF definition

truncate (available from 0.7) will delete the data, which is equivalent to
the steps 1-4 above