From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some questions about using Binary Memtable to import data.
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 14:48:26 GMT
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:37 AM, Peng Guo <gpcuster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for you information.
>
> I look at some source code of the implement. There still some question:
>
> 1 How did I know that the binary write message send to endpoint success?

It doesn't.  It's fire-and-forget.  If you look at the example it uses
sendOneWay which means it doesn't expect a reply.

> 2 What will happen if the some of nature endpoints dead?

Then they won't get the update and you'll have to run repair.

Basically the Binary/bulk load stuff strips out a bunch of the normal
protections (doesn't hit commitlog either) to achieve more speed.  Use
the normal Thrift api if that's not a good fit for your use case.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra