From Joe Stump <...@joestump.net>
Subject Re: is cassandra really a 'handsoff' solution once setup?
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 18:49:12 GMT

On May 14, 2010, at 12:46 PM, S Ahmed wrote:

> For those with live apps, how has it been? (fb/digg/twitter people, would love your experiences)

I didn't say it didn't require *any* administration. Just that it required *minimal* administration.
I'd say we spend about a quarter of an engineer managing it.

Where management REALLY shines with Cassandra is expanding and contracting the cluster. It
takes very, very little work to do that in comparison to other solutions.

--Joe