From Ted Zlatanov <...@lifelogs.com>
Subject Re: Apache Cassandra and Net::Cassandra::Easy
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 13:34:35 GMT
SD> I grabbed the svn trunk, but build failed, probably because Fedora
SD> 11 is too old for this bleeding edge stuff.  Server is upgrading
SD> itself now, but I wondered: is anyone using an rpm-based distro for
SD> Net::Cassandra::Easy and the svn Cassandra?

I'm not aware of any distro packaging N::C::Easy so you have to install
it through CPAN:

"cpan Net::Cassandra::Easy"

(or, if you want to save time, install App::cpanminus and use 'cpanm'
instead above; or, extract the tarball and "perl Makefile.PL; make; make install")

I just released 0.15 to catch up with SVN trunk; I ran the tests and
they passed so it should work for you.  I'm attaching it here since it's
small and the CPAN indexer takes a while to update, so for the next few
hours you'll have to use the tarball method.  If you find issues write
back to me directly (to avoid cluttering the Cassandra mailing list) and
we can find out if the problems are in the module or elsewhere.

Thanks
Ted