From Scott Doty <sc...@corp.sonic.net>
Subject Apache Cassandra and Net::Cassandra::Easy
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 16:40:02 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm trying to wrap my head around Net::Cassandra::Easy, and it's making
me cross-eyed.

My prototype app can be seen here:

http://bito.ponzo.net/Hatchet/

The idea is to index logfiles by various keys, using Cassandra's extreme
write speed to keep up with the millions of lines of logfile we deal
with every day.  Pretty standard stuff, but I seem to be having trouble
getting the software to do its thing.

It says:

_[/home/cass/Hatchet.development/Speed_trial]_(cass@bito)_
$ ./2hk_idx_parser_speed_trial.pl
$VAR1 = 'Can\'t use string ("0") as a SCALAR ref while "strict refs" in
use at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Net/GenThrift/Thrift/BinaryProtocol.pm
line 376.
';

Help!

And thanks! :)