From Bill de hOra <b...@dehora.net>
Subject replication impact on write throughput
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 16:10:05 GMT
If I had 10 Cassandra nodes each with a write capacity of 5K per second
and a replication factor of 2, would that mean the expected write
capacity of the system would be ~25K writes per second because the nodes
are also serving other nodes and not just clients?

I know this is highly simplified take on things (ie no consideration for
reads or quorum), I'm just trying to understand what the implication of
replication is on write scalability. Intuitively it would seem actual
write capacity is total write capacity divided by the replication factor.

Bill