I'm currently writing collected data continuously to Cassandra, having keys starting with a timestamp and a unique identifier (like 2009.01.01.00.00.00.RANDOM) for being able to query in time ranges.

I'm thinking of running periodical mapreduce jobs which will go through a designated time period. I might want to analyze the data only between 2009.01 and 2009.02.
I had done this previously with HBase however I thought cassandra would be a better choice for continuously storing data in a safe manner.

I guess this briefly explains my designated use case.

Best Regards,
Utku

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
It's technically possible but 0.6 does not support this, no.

What is the use case you are thinking of?

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra