I meant in the first sentence "running the get_range_slices from a single point"

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Utku Can Top├žu <utku@topcu.gen.tr> wrote:
Do you mean, running the get_range_slices from a single? Yes, it would be reasonable for a relatively small key range, when it comes to analyze a really big range in really big data collection (i.e. like the one we currently populate) having a way for distributing the reads among the cluster seems the only reasonable solution.

In this current situation, the best option might be distributing the range among ColumnFamilies (say, 1 CF for each day) and emptying the CF in order to reuse for another day range after analyzing the data.

Can you suggest a workaround for this?