Well, folks, I'm feeling a little stupid right now (adding to the injury inflicted by one Mr. Stump :-P).

So, here's the story. The cache hit rate is up around 97% now. The ruby code is down to around 20-25ms to multiget the 20 rows. I did some profiling, though, and realized that a lot of time was being spent in thrift. Turns out, that's where pretty much all the time was going.

I just ran the same test using java (scala) and the load is taking around 2-4ms.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Peter Chang <peter78@gmail.com> wrote:
pwned.


On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 2:09 PM, James Golick <jamesgolick@gmail.com> wrote:
Damnit!


On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck@gmail.com> wrote:
....Or rackspace.  ;)

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Joseph Stump <joe@joestump.net> wrote:
> Taking our flamewar offline. :-D
>
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM, James Golick <jamesgolick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't have the additional hardware to try to isolate this issue atm
>
> You'd be able to spin up hardware to isolate that issue on AWS. ;)
>
> --Joe
>