On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Joe Stump <joe@joestump.net> wrote:
Seems like this would be pretty easy to build on top of the proxy stuff that was recently mentioned.

I'm new to the list: is it easy for you to dig up a subject line or message-id that I can google?

I was poking around to see how Avro was handled and noticed that it seems you must choose between Avro and Thrift at startup. I was expecting that you could do both at once as you can do (e.g.) FTP and HTTP at the same time in Apache.

I don't see a reason why you couldn't just store key/blob-in-column to get running quickly.

Right, agree.

Might make for a pretty interesting clustered queue system as well, which has been mentioned before on the list as well.

Yes, I was thinking about that too...need to think carefully about eventual consistency issues versus once-and-only-once delivery though...

In other words, Cassandra is quickly becoming the hammer to everyone's cluster nails. :)

--Joe