I ‘m new to Cassandra, trying to set up a single node to play with.  I set one up in a VM (0.6.1 off the website) , running fedora 12.  Things seem peachy in that I can connect to it with a modified hector ExampleClient, and insert data into it.

However, when I decided to view this data from Cassandra-cli,  I got the above error with a further stacktrace of

Java.lang.AssertionError at org.apache.cassandra.config.Databasedescriptor.getTableMetaData(DatabaseDescriptor.java:924)

I can’t find anything similar by searching for getTableMetaData or get_keyspace in the list archives.

Can someone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this ?