I got the idea for this from:

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/StorageConfiguration

I put my keyspace setup on a webserver, and I pull it into the config like this:

storage-conf.xml  starts with:

<!DOCTYPE storage [

<!-- include all these entities from external files-->

<!ENTITY seeds          SYSTEM "http://cassandraconfig /seeds.xml">

<!ENTITY autobootstrap  SYSTEM "http://cassandraconfig /autobootstrap.xml">

<!ENTITY bumblekeyspace SYSTEM "http://cassandraconfig /bumblekeyspace.xml">

<!ENTITY listenaddress  SYSTEM "listenaddress.xml">

<!ENTITY directories    SYSTEM "directories.xml">

]>

Then further down:

  <Keyspaces>

    &bumblekeyspace;

  </Keyspaces>

I didn’t want to have to edit lots of files….