On 06/04/2010 18:50, Benjamin Black wrote:
I'm finding this exchange very confusing.  What exactly about
Cassandra 'looks absolutely ideal' to you for your project?  The write
performance, the symmetric, peer to peer architecture, etc?

Reasons I like Cassandra for this project:
A shorter answer might be that, in all ways other than depending upon 'referential integrity' between two 'maps' of hash-values, the data for the rest of my application looks remarkably like that of large sites that we know already use Cassandra.

I'm trying to establish the most effective Cassandra approach to achieve the logical 'referential integrity' while minimising resource (memory/disk/CPU) use in order to minimise hardware costs for any given deployment scale - all the while, retaining the above advantages.