From Paul Prescod <p...@prescod.net>
Subject OrderPreservingPartitioner limits and workarounds
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:51:55 GMT
I have one append-oriented workload and I would like to know if
Cassandra is appropriate for it.

Given:

 * 100 nodes

 * an OrderPreservingPartitioner

 * a replication factor of "3"

 * a write-pattern of "always append"

 * a strong requirement for range queries

My understanding is that there will exist 3 nodes will end up being
responsible for all writes and potentially a disproportionate amount
of reads (in the common case that users care more about recent data
than older data).

Is there some manual way I can fiddle with InitialTokens and
ReplicationFactors to share the load more fairly?

 Paul Prescod