From Tatu Saloranta <>
Subject Re: how to store list data in Apache Cassndra ?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:42:46 GMT
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Shuge Lee <> wrote:
>>     'girls': pickle.dumps(['java', 'actionscript', 'python'])
> I think this is a really bad idea, I can't do any search if using Pickle.

Just to be sure: are you thinking of traditional queries, lookups by
values (find entries that have certain element in a list value)?
If so, you may be in trouble anyway: you can only do efficient queries
by primary entry key, not by values (Cassandra at least can do range
queries on keys, but still).

-+ Tatu +-

View raw message