From Benjamin Black...@b3k.us>
Subject Re: GC options
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 22:55:36 GMT
Which version of the JVM are you using?  Recent builds (u18, u19) have
significantly improved GC.

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Daniel Kluesing <dk@bluekai.com> wrote:
> Has anyone done any tuning on the jvm gc options or are the options included in bin/cassandra.in.sh
basically the best choice?

> I'm working on getting our latency as consistent as possible, and the gc likes to kick
off 60+ms periods of unavailability for a node, which for my application leads to a reasonable
number of timed out requests. Outside of the gc event, we get good responses.

> I'm happy with reduced throughput for shorter pauses, so I'm going to do the standard
jvm gc tuning guide[0] for short pauses, curious if anyone else has gone down this path and
gotten gc pauses consistent and low or if what's in bin/cassandra.in.sh is basically the best
I should expect. (Anyone tried jrockit?)