From Mark Robson <mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra - Thread leak when high concurrent load
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:38:11 GMT
On 25 April 2010 10:48, JKnight JKnight <beuknight@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> My Cassandra server had thread leak when high concurrent load. I used
> jconsole and saw many, many thread occur.

Just because there are a lot of threads, need not imply a thread leak.
Cassandra uses a lot of threads.

Do you see the number of threads gradually increase during a soak test on
your test cluster? Can you dump the JVM info (I believe sending a signal
makes it dump this)?

The JMX information viewable via JConsole also gives you a list of threads.
Assuming you see this gradually increasing during the soak test, can you
tellwhich thread pool is increasing?

Mark