From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't start cassandra
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 00:18:25 GMT
You have a corrupt commitlogheader.  The easiest fix is deleting the
commitlog segment in question.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-999 to add
checksumming to the commitlog headers (to detect log segments that
didn't fsync cleanly), but that wouldn't help in your case because you
need to have enough ram to read a 2GB byte array (worst case) before
computing the checksum.