From Rao Venugopal <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 0.6.0-rc1 (release candidate)
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 04:16:58 GMT

I am trying to get this to work on windows.  While I had no problems on my
x86 laptop (running XP), I am experiencing issues getting it to work on my
x64 desktop (running Vista).
Anyone else got it to work on x64 running Vista?

This is the error I see when I run cassandra.bat
Starting Cassandra Server
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8888
        at$ Source)
        at Method)
        at Source)
Could not find the main class: org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.
gram will exit.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Eric Evans <> wrote:

> Cassandra 0.6.0-rc1 is available from the usual place[1]. Barring any
> serious regressions, this will become the next stable release, so please
> test and submit bug reports[2] if you spot problems.
> [1]:
> [2]:
> As always, be sure to read the release notes[3] when upgrading, we make
> every effort to document the process in the hope it will save you some
> pain. :)
> [3]: (release notes)
> [4]: (changes)
> Enjoy!