From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compaction slow while sstable>25GB,limitation of the sstable size?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:47:49 GMT
Compaction time is proportional to the size of the sstable, yes.  Not
sure how it could be otherwise.  And it does generate a lot of
garbage.  So unless you are seeing concurrent failures in the GC and
corresponding large pause times, your heap should be fine, as long as
the rows you are compacting aren't too large.

2010/4/28 casablinca126.com <casablinca@126.com>:
>  hi,
>        The compaction process is very slow, when the size of new generating sstable
file grows upon 25GB;
> at the meantime, the garbage collector is running frequently.
>        Firstly, I have a question that, is there a limitation of the sstable size?
if not, is 2GB heap size not

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra