From Lee Parker <...@socialagency.com>
Subject batch_mutate silently failing
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:19:23 GMT
I upgraded my dev environment to 0.6.0 today in expectation of upgrading our
prod environment soon.  I am trying to rewrite some of our code to use
batch_mutate with the Thrift PHP library directly.  I'm not getting any
result back, not even an exception or failure message, but the data is never
showing up in the single node cassandra setup.  Here is a dump of my
mutation map:

array(1) {
  ["testkey"]=>
  array(1) {
    ["StreamItems"]=>
    array(2) {
      [0]=>
      object(cassandra_Mutation)#156 (2) {
        ["column_or_supercolumn"]=>
        object(cassandra_Column)#157 (3) {
          ["name"]=>
          string(4) "test"
          ["value"]=>
          string(14) "this is a test"
          ["timestamp"]=>
          float(1271193181943.1)
        }
        ["deletion"]=>
        NULL
      }
      [1]=>
      object(cassandra_Mutation)#158 (2) {
        ["column_or_supercolumn"]=>
        object(cassandra_Column)#159 (3) {
          ["name"]=>
          string(5) "test2"
          ["value"]=>
          string(19) "Another test column"
          ["timestamp"]=>
          float(1271193181943.2)
        }
        ["deletion"]=>
        NULL
      }
    }
  }
}

When I pass this into client->batch_mutate, nothing seems to happen.  Any
ideas about what could be going on?  I have been able to insert data using
cassandra-cli without issue.

Lee Parker
lee@spredfast.com

[image: Spredfast]