From Jesus Ibanez <jesusiba...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucandra or some way to query
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:45:03 GMT
Hello.

I need to know how to search in Cassandra. I could save the data in
different ways so I can then retrive it like for example this:

get keyspace.users['123']
=> (column=name, value=John, timestamp=xxxxxxxxxx)

get keyspace.searchByName['John']
=> (column=userID, value=123, timestamp=xxxxxxxxxx)
=> (column=userID, value=456, timestamp=xxxxxxxxxx)
=> (column=userID, value=789, timestamp=xxxxxxxxxx)

This works, but is very hard to maintain in the future and the amount of
data increase exponentially. You can do it for some data, but if I have to
do it for each property I need to query on, I have doubts if this is a good
idea. But if you think it can works, I will do it.

I red about Lucandra and seems interesting, but I couldn't run the examples,
I don't know if it is a good idea to use it and to be honest, I don't know
where to start.

I need to query a lot in my website, so what do you Cassandra users,
developers and testers recommend me?
Option 1 - insert data in all different ways I need in order to be able to
query?
Option 2 - implement Lucandra? Can you link me to a blog or an article that
guides me on how to implement Lucandra?
Option 3 - switch to an SQL database? (I hope not).

Thanks in advance!

Jesus.