From James Golick <jamesgol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Read Performance
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 03:37:54 GMT
Well, folks, I'm feeling a little stupid right now (adding to the injury
inflicted by one Mr. Stump :-P).

So, here's the story. The cache hit rate is up around 97% now. The ruby code
is down to around 20-25ms to multiget the 20 rows. I did some profiling,
though, and realized that a lot of time was being spent in thrift. Turns
out, that's where pretty much all the time was going.

I just ran the same test using java (scala) and the load is taking around
2-4ms.