From Paul Prescod <p...@ayogo.com>
Subject Write consistency
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 07:55:07 GMT
In this¹ debate, there seemed to be consensus on the following fact:

"In Cassandra, say you use N=3, W=3 & R=1. Let’s say you managed to
only write to replicas A & B, but not C. In this case Cassandra will
return an error to the application saying the write failed- which is
acceptable given than W=3. But Cassandra does not cleanup/rollback the
writes that happened to A & B."

If this is still true (even for ConsistencyLevel.ALL) then I would
like to add it to the API documentation. I'd also be curious about if
there have been discussions about for an optional 2PC mode for use on
fast LANs.

 Paul Prescod

¹ http://jsensarma.com/blog/2009/11/dynamo-part-i-a-followup-and-re-rebuttals/