From Philippe <>
Subject RE : Re: Two dimensional matrices
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:57:39 GMT
Okay so if i switch columns and super columns in my model i get what i want
don't i?

Super column = x
Column = time frame
Now i can get 2d range extracts from the grid and every cell will contain
all time frame data. Is this correct ?
I suppose that if that becomes too much data to retrieve, i can put
different time frames in different keyspaces ?

Assuming this is all correct, what are the consequences of these design
decisions in terms of partition tolerance and how data is balanced across
nodes ?

Le 13 avr. 2010 03:26, "Eric Evans" <> a écrit :

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 00:45 +0200, Philippe wrote:
> > However, you are also saying there is...
No, what I mean is that you can perform a slice that returns either
sub-columns, or super columns. In the former, the column names you are
slicing on are the sub-columns (X coords), in the latter it is super
columns (time). So:

On X coords, (same as my previous mail).

ColumnParent(CFname, timeFrame),
The "columns" attribute of the KeySlice structs returned will contain
the sub-columns contained in timeFrame that match your predicate.

On time.

   ColumnParent(CFname, null),
       slice_range=SliceRange(timeStart, timeEnd, false, colCount)

The "columns" attribute of the KeySlice structs returned will contain
the super columns that match the predicate. Each of these super columns
will contain *all* of the sub-columns.

Eric Evans

View raw message