From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic question
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:31:24 GMT
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Palaniappan Thiyagarajan
<pthiyagarajan@cashedge.com> wrote:
> I am investigating how we can use Cassandra in our application.  We have
> tokens and session information stored in db now and I am thinking of moving
> to Cassandra.   Currently it’s write and read intensive and having
> performance issue.  Is it good idea to move couple of tables and integrate
> with application?

Sure.

> How do we find out which tables are best candidate for Cassandra?

Use the reporting tools in your existing database to figure out what
the highest-volume tables are, that don't require things like
transactions?

> I live in bay area and like to know if any group meet in bay area so that I
> can participate and understand more about Cassandra.

There's http://cassandrahackathon.eventbrite.com/, but it looks like
it's full now.

-Jonathan