From Lucas Di Pentima <>
Subject Question about TimeUUIDType
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:51:54 GMT

I'm using Cassandra 0.6.1 with ruby library

I want to log events on a CF like this:

Events = { // CF CompareWith: TimeUUIDType
    SomeEventID : { // Row
        uuid_from_unix_timestamp : event_data,

I receive event data with a UNIX timestamp (nr of seconds passed since some date on 1970),
so I would do something like:

db ='Keyspace')
db.insert('Events', SomeEventID, {} => event_data)

My first question was: What happens if I have more than one event at the same second? I tried
this on irb console and checked that TimeUUIDs are different.

So, my second question is: How different TimeUUIDs generated from the same UNIX timestamp
are going to be ordered in the ColumnFamily?

Thanks in advance!!
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina

View raw message