From Matthew Chambers <chamb...@imageworks.com>
Subject RE: cascal - high level scala cassandra client (yes - another one)
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 19:12:07 GMT
Your git page looks great, I like your cassandra explanation and graphic.   Is that the 3rd
scala library now?  Scala must be growing.  Too much strange punctuation for me but its good
to have a viable functional language for the JVM.

From: chris.shorrock@gmail.com [chris.shorrock@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Chris Shorrock [chris@shorrockin.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 10:38 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: cascal - high level scala cassandra client (yes - another one)

For the past week or so I've been developing (another) Scala based high level Cassandra client
- Cascal. While I know there's several other (good quality) clients I thought developing my
own would be a great way to familiarize myself with Cassandra as part of my analysis at work
(which it was!).

While I didn't write it intending to release it, now that I've completed it I've decided to
release it into the wild (currently built against the 0.6-beta3 version of Cassandra) as I
feel it takes a little different approach than some of the other libraries out there. While
this may not be production ready, I will be using it to perform several tests for work so
if those perform as I expect them to my plan is to use and maintain this for some time.

Documentation is available at: http://wiki.github.com/shorrockin/cascal/
Source is available through: http://github.com/shorrockin/cascal
ScalaDocs: http://shorrockin.com/cascal/scaladocs/

Any and all feedback is welcome. Cheers.