From Lucas Di Pentima <lu...@di-pentima.com.ar>
Subject Re: ThriftTransportException using Ruby Gem 0.8.2 against Cassandra 0.6.1
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:38:47 GMT

El 27/04/2010, a las 17:34, Ryan King escribió:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Lucas Di Pentima
> <lucas@di-pentima.com.ar> wrote:
>> Thanks Ryan for the fast response! Can you explain to me why binding against 127.0.0.1
causes the problem? Maybe it's useful to point this out in the documentation to avoid users
deploy this kind of setups.

> Are you trying to talk to the cassandra host from somewhere other than
> the host its running on?

Nope, I'm doing some tests locally on my notebook (Macbook OSX 10.6.3 w/4GB RAM). My script
insert several hundred thousand columns with stable speed, and then it exits throwing that
exception.

--
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina
Jabber: lucas@di-pentima.com.ar