From Lucas Di Pentima <lu...@di-pentima.com.ar>
Subject Re: Querying by date range when using TimeUUIDType ColumnFamily?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:06:14 GMT

El 27/04/2010, a las 18:23, Lee Parker escribió:

> I have used the solution presented by Justin and it works just fine.  When you construct
a TimeUUID with a specific timestamp and use that for the start or finish of the range slice,
cassandra will use the timestamp embedded in the UUID even if that specific UUID doesn't exist
in the index.  It is not an ideal solution because the timestamp you pass in may not have
the same granularity as the one used to create your current indexes.  So, you might be using
a standard unix epoch timestamp in seconds, while a true TimeUUID uses 100 nanosecond slices
of time.

I've tried it and am amazed of this feature, I don't know why I supposed that wouldn't work,
thanks Lee & Justin!!! :)

--
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina
Jabber: lucas@di-pentima.com.ar