From Joe Stump <>
Subject Re: The Difference Between Cassandra and HBase
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:21:32 GMT

On Apr 25, 2010, at 5:18 PM, Eric Hauser wrote:

> Out of curiosity, are you planning on copying the data you store in HBase/Hive into separate
Hadoop cluster in a different data center or backing up HDFS in some other manner?  Redundancy
isn't an issue within the cluster; it's more a concern of storing all your HDFS data in one
physical location.

We'll eventually move to this. For the near-term we'll be routing traffic using HBase to a
single data center.

View raw message