From Mike Gallamore <mike.e.gallam...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: History values
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:49:30 GMT
Here here on documentation.

For example thrift examples in python and java. That is great but I've
never coded in either (and am limited to perl or C at work because when
have 5 years worth of code and experience with other modules provided
for those languages). So I'm stuck with whatever the person who makes
the module I chose to use gives for documentation. However that isn't
always great, especially in my view particularly for perl. Often you get
10 lines of example code and if you are lucky (and often you are not) a
listing of the methods the module provides and what they do. It seems
often in perl people expect you to look through the source to see if
their is a method you should call to do something which I think is
unreasonable (how do I know if at start up I'm supposed to use new,
connect, auto-connect etc with no comments and no examples?). I'm open
to helping out with documentation but my problem is that my learning
process is slow because their is little documentation and once I figure
something out it was by trial and error, so I don't even know if how I
do it is the right way to do it, just that it works. Not ideal.