From Mike Gallamore <mike.e.gallam...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: writes to Cassandra failing occasionally
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 18:41:30 GMT
On 04/08/2010 04:53 AM, Philip Jackson wrote:
> At Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:19:26 -0700,
> Mike Gallamore wrote:
>
>> I have writes to cassandra that are failing, or at least a read shortly
>> after a write is still getting an old value. I realize Cassandra is
>> "eventually consistent" but this system is a single CPU single node with
>> consistency level set to 1, so this seems odd to me.
>>
> I'm having this problem too (see my post the other day). I use N::C
> but generate timestamps in the same way as N::C::E, I've tested that
> each is smaller than the next so I'm wondering if I'm barking up the
> wrong tree.
>
> If you figure out what's going on please do post back here, I'll do
> the same.
>
> Cheers,
> Phil

Hello. If you are doing exactly the same thing as N::C::Easy (ie a join
on the gettimeofday). Then you should have the same problem I found a
fix for. The problem is that the microseconds value isn't zero padded.
So if you are at say 23s 25 micro seconds you get a date: 2325. not
23000025 which of course means that sometimes your next timestamp will
be "older" than your previous one. Here is a patch to N::C::Easy that
fixes this and hopefully a similar thing will fix your code.