From Anthony Molinaro <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>
Subject Re: Odd ring problems with 0.5.1
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:12:34 GMT

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:41:17PM -0500, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Anthony Molinaro
> <anthonym@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
> > Some nodes appear in the ring from some nodes, but not others.  Right
> > now I have 14 nodes, 10 of those nodes have the same output of a
> > nodeprobe ring, the other 4 are missing one node.
>
> What's the history of the missing node?  Is it a newly bootstrapped one?

Yes, newly bootstrapped with an initial token.

> > Also, I have a
> > couple nodes that when I try to bootstrap them with an InitialToken
> > they get put into yet another ring with only a few nodes including
> > nodes that I called removetoken on.  They all have the same seed node
> > and it has not gone down.  The seed node has all nodes.
> >
> > Anyone seen this?
>
> The only time I have seen multiple rings is when some nodes have been
> configured with a different seed than others.

Yeah, that's the first thing I checked, but the seed is the same.  The
odd thing is also when I bootstrap a new node, it still finds hosts
which are no longer part of the cluster and puts them in the cluster.

I'm not sure how it would get this, maybe I need to restart my seed node?
When I run nodeprobe ring on the seed I don't see any of the hosts I
decommissioned, but maybe they are still listed there somewhere?

-Anthony

Anthony Molinaro                           <anthonym@alumni.caltech.edu>