From "David Timothy Strauss" <da...@fourkitchens.com>
Subject Re: Quorom consistency in a changing ring
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:01:27 GMT
Increasing the replication level is known to break it.

------Original Message------
From: Peter Schuller
Sender: scode@scode.org
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
ReplyTo: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Quorom consistency in a changing ring
Sent: Apr 26, 2010 21:55

Hello,

Is my interpretation correct that Cassandra is intended to guarantee
quorom consistency (overlapping read/write sets) at all times,
including a ring that is actively changing? I.e., there are no
(intended) cases where qurom consistency is defeated due to writes or
reads going to nodes that are actively participating in token:s
moving?

If yes, is there any material on how this is accomplished and/or
pointers to roughly which parts of the implementation is responsible
for ensuring this works?

Thanks!

--
/ Peter Schuller