From "Dop Sun" <>
Subject RE: Long Time relational Database Programmer needing help
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:04:29 GMT

Here are some links I collected:

1. this is how bring it up and run

2. is very good to start
to understand the schema

3. this is the
source code which is actually works with the samples provided in previous link

4. this is the API (via Thrift) which can be used
by referencing the casandra library.

5. this is high level API based on Thrift API to provide
the connection pooling and more features.

Well, this is something I created to provide a JDBC like
API for Cassandra. Hope can help.

From: uncle mantis []
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:02 PM
Subject: Long Time relational Database Programmer needing help

Hey folks! I found out about Cassandra just yesterday. I took the dive. I have Cassandra and
Java installed on my Ubuntu box on my Rackspace Cloud server.

I am having a hard time getting things going. I am so used to Relational Databases such as
MySQL and MSSQL that I really do not know where to start. I have an existing project that
is under development that I would like to start converting to Cassandra and I really do not
know where to start. I can not find any step by step tutorials like you would find in a book.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know you have all been in the same boat than I am
right now.

Thanks folks!

View raw message