On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 14:47, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Henrik Schröder <skrolle@gmail.com> wrote:
> For each indexvalue we insert a row where the key is indexid + ":" +
> indexvalue encoded as hex string, and the row contains only one column,
> where the name is the object key encoded as a bytearray, and the value is
> empty.

It's a unique index then?  And you're trying to read things ordered by
the index, not just "give me keys with that have a column with this
value?"

Yes, because if we have more than one column per row, there's no way of (easily) limiting the result. As it is now we rarely want all object keys associated with a range of indexvalues. However, this means we will have a lot of rows if we do it in Cassandra.

/Henrik