Also huge memtables will increase your recovery time. Which may not be something you want.

Avinash

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
A lot of churn is hard on Cassandra because of
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DistributedDeletes, but Cassandra is
so fast that it may make up for that depending on your needs.

It's not designed to eliminate i/o entirely, no.  But if you set
RowsCached=100% in 0.6 you'll get something pretty close to that.
(That is a better approach than huge Memtables.)

-Jonathan