Yes, Cassandra has supercolumns and HBase versions and you are probably correct that supercolumns
 are more used than versions, but I don't really think you can compare them since versions are not a
serialized structure.

The reason that I didn't include table and family in the mapping is as I've understood it a sql table can be
compared to the family in C and that multiple Keyspaces that would then map to your table is not really
frequently used. Whereas multiple tables in HBase is almost always the rule.

Not sure that I would agree that a virtual dimension can compare to a real one, but that is just the way
I see it.

--
Regards Erik