Hi,

I installed a cluster of 2 nodes using 0.5 version of binary distribution. Node 1 is on a Macbook 10.4 w/SoyLatte (java 1.6 port). Node 2 is on a Linux desktop. The configuration is straight out of the distribution - except the host names for ListenAddress and ThriftAddress.

The nodes started up w/o error and the cluster is verified with nodeprobe ring command. Node 1 has a lower Token number than Node 2. I used cassandra-cli to connect to node1 and posted a set command to insert data. The data was inserted local to node 1 and also replicated successfully to node 2. I was able to to connect to node 2 and issue a get command and see all the data posted to node 1.

However, when I connected to node 2 and issued the set command, the data only get written to node 2 and was not replicated to node 1. Is this the correct behavior? I assume the basic setup has the "wrapping range" behavior, so node 2 should replicate the data to node 1 that has the lowest Token value (since node 2 does not have a next node with a higher valued token).

Also, when I connected back to node 1 and issued a get command - no results were found. Shouldn't the get command perform a proxy read if the key could not be found locally?

Thanks for you help and clarification.