From Ran Tavory <>
Subject updates on hector, a java cassandra client
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 03:54:30 GMT
Hector is a java client for cassandra, see
 , ,

Over the past few weeks several contributors and myself added features and
since I get asked about it a few times a day I thought I might post a public

With the help of few folks (thanks Arin and other folks) hector now supports
cassandra 0.5.0, 0.5.1 and 0.6.0-beta. See

JMX improvements:
I added a number of jmx counters such as: read/sec or writes/sec, max read
time in the last 10 seconds, mean write time in the last 10 seconds, stddev
and others. More here

Small bugs fixed. Nothing really serious so far, but a few small glitches,

C# clone:
Kris and Matt have created a C# clone at Thanks a lot guys! I'm told this is
almost ready.

Spring and JNDI:
This is actually in the works (thanks Nathan and Peter, and sorry for slow
response...) but we'll soon have better support for Spring and JNDI

Wiki updates:
I've added a few sections to the wiki
My rule of thumb is if I get asked something more than once it deserves a
page. However, I have a backlog... so not all pages are done and I'd
appreciate help - if you have questions or you're willing to contribute to
the wiki feel free to step in.

Contributions are welcome. github is developer friendly, just fork me. If
you plan a longer term involvement I'll be happy to get more committers in.

View raw message